Feel the long term benefits of massage
Massage is a wonderful way to relax and unwind. Remedial Massage can also play a crucial role in maintaining health, circulation and a strong, flexible constitution.
Regular Therapeutic, Remedial Massage can help:
- Speed up recovery from illness and injury
- Prevent illness and injury
- Reduce stress
- Balance nervous system
- Improve metabolism and circulation
- Improve physical and mental performance
Most of us try and factor in healthy diet and regular exercise as part of our ongoing physical wellbeing. Including regular massage into this practice has enormous benefits for your health and wellness. Don’t wait until you are so stressed, stiff or injured that you need a massage.
Regular Remedial massage will help you feel stronger, more alive, have more energy and reduce the occurrence of illness and stress. Please see our reduced fees when regular massages are booked.
Please make sure you check your private health insurance. Policies may cover either Remedial massage and / or Myotherapy.
How we work with you
We offer a range of different types of massage, each suited to different needs and each can also be tailored to your specific body and what you require.
- A healing treatment that can be gentle or strong, deep or shallow
- The Massage therapist endeavours to identify the original biomechanical dysfunction, healing the cause of the disorder, as well as the symptoms
- Specialized techniques to locate and repair damage to muscles, tendons and joints
- Applied techniques include deep pressure, trigger points, longitudinal strokes on shortened and tight muscles to allow proper function and restore muscle strength
Swedish / Relaxation Massage
- A hands-on full body Massage
- Relieves muscle tension, stimulates circulation, increases serotonin levels, improves muscle tone and promotes total mind and body relaxation
- A therapeutic Massage that includes stretching and compression techniques
- Rehabilitates soft tissue dysfunction that can result from physical labour, lifting weights or sports-related injuries
- Promotes flexibility, reduces swelling, relieves muscle tension and alleviates muscle fatigue
Deep Tissue Massage
- A firm-pressure therapeutic Massage
- Helps alleviate pain, muscle spasm, stress and inflammation and tissue damage
- Great for anyone with soft tissue problems that produce any discomfort or pain
Hot Rocks Massage
- An ancient massage technique utilising the benefits of thermotherapy
- Hot stones are gently placed on energy or ‘chakra’ points during the treatment and are used on the body during the massage to provide deep muscular stress relief
- Promotes a sense of relaxation, health and well being
- Benefits include relief of chronic pain, relaxation and stress reduction, detoxification of the body, and relief of neck and back pain
- This massage method helps elevate pain, removes toxins and allows the body to feel free and rested
- The glasses act as a vacuum and suck the extra heat thereby improving blood circulation (note that the glasses are placed on strategic points)
- Also referred to as trigger points these are similar to those used in the process of acupuncture and dry needling
- Once placed, the cups are left on the body for a period of ten to fifteen minutes