Hi, I’m Karen Whittley, past Remedial Massage therapist at Cranbourne Family Chiropractic.
I love healthy cooking and eating. Here’s an easy 4 ingredient recipe for cookies. I make them on a regular basis for my husband, Gary and change it up each time for different flavors:
4 Ingredients Superfood Breakfast Cookies.
4 ingredients, 4 steps, and less than 40 minutes from start to eating the world’s healthiest cookie made by you.
Dr. Andrew Arnold adds, ‘Warning: These cookies are tasty and slightly addictive. Don’t say I didn’t warn you
Image source: www.superfoodliving.com
- 2/3 cup of rolled oats (use gluten-free rolled oats for gluten-free option)
- 1/3 cup of your favorite dried fruit (goji berries, raisin, cranberries, or chopped dates, your choice)
- 2 tablespoon chia seed (or flaxseed)
- 1 medium-size banana
- Preheat your oven to 175C or 350F.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl. Use your hand to mash the banana and mix it in with the dry mixture.
- Take a spoonful of cookie and form a ball. Lightly press to flatten it slightly and place on a baking sheet
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cookies are slightly golden brown. Let rest on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Eat. As is of slather with peanut butter and make a peanut butter cookie sandwich
- Add peanut or nut butter to make peanut butter cookies
- Add maple syrup to make sweeter, maple-flavoured cookies
- Add choc chips and or cacao powder to make it chocolatey
- Add cinnamon or ginger powder for extra spice
- Boost with more superfoods and seeds.
To know more about Jenny Travens- visit www.superfoodliving.com
Karen Whittley is a past Remedial Massage Therapist and Personal Trainer who works at Cranbourne Family Chiropractic and Wellness Centre.