How it works
Dr. Andrew Arnold and Cranbourne Family Chiropractic and Wellness Centre recommend using kinesio-taping.
Unlike rigid tape which many people find too stiff and restrictive, Rocktape is stretchy and is quickly becoming the preferred tape used by practitioners and athletes.
Key benefits of Sports taping:
- Helps reduce pain
- Helps reduce swelling
- Facilitates full range of joint and muscle movement
- Water resistant – can be used for up to 5 days
How does it work?
When applied correctly, Sports taping causes the skin to form convolutions and wrinkle. This decompresses the tissue immediately below the skin and it is believed that this has three main effects:
- Improves circulation in the taped area
- Improves slide and glide between tissue layers
- Alters pain perception by improving body awareness.
Key symptoms that Sports taping might help with:
- Muscle pain or cramping
- Joint pain
- Poor posture
- Inflammation or bruising
Practitioners use Sports taping to help with injury recovery and prevention.
It may also help the body function by…
- Improving body spatial awareness
- Helping with postural control and movement
- Coordinating muscle action by helping nerve innervation
- Changes in pain perception
- Help send feedback messages to the brain to correct subtle postural movements.
About the Author:
Dr. Andrew Arnold is a Chiropractor and the owner of Cranbourne Family Chiropractic and Wellness Ctr.comments powered by Disqus