Remedial Massage Therapy
Massage is a wonderful way to relax and unwind. Remedial Massage can also play a crucial role in maintaining health, circulation and a strong, flexible constitution.
Regular Therapeutic, Remedial Massage may assist with:
- Recovery from illness and injury
- Prevention of illness and injury
- Reduce stress and muscular tension
- Improve metabolism and circulation
- Improve physical and mental performance
Most of us try and factor in healthy diet and regular exercise as part of our ongoing physical wellbeing. Including regular massage into this practice has enormous benefits for your health and wellness. Don’t wait until you are so stressed, stiff or injured that you need a massage.
Regular Remedial massage may assist you to feel stronger, more alive, have more energy and reduce the occurrence of illness and stress.
Please make sure you check your private health insurance. Policies may cover either Remedial massage and / or Myotherapy.
How we work with you
We offer a variety of different types of massage, each suited to different needs, and each can also be tailored to your specific body and what you require.
- A healing treatment that can be gentle or strong, deep or shallow
- The Massage therapist works with other health professionals such as Chiropractors to identify joint and muscle dysfunction.
- Uses techniques to treat muscles, tendons and joints that are not working at an optimum.
- Applied techniques include deep pressure, trigger points, longitudinal strokes on shortened and tight muscles to allow proper function and restore muscle strength.
Swedish / Relaxation Massage
- A hands-on full body Massage
- Relieves muscle tension, stimulates circulation, increases serotonin levels, improves muscle tone, and promotes total mind and body relaxation
- A therapeutic Massage that includes stretching and compression techniques
- This may rehabilitate soft tissue dysfunction from physical labour, lifting weights or sports-related injuries.
- May promotes flexibility, reduce swelling, relieve muscle tension ,and alleviate muscle fatigue.
Deep Tissue Massage
- A firm-pressure therapeutic Massage.
- May assist with alleviating pain, muscle spasm, stress and inflammation and tissue damage.
- Great for anyone with soft tissue problems that cause any discomfort or pain.
- This massage technique may assist with elevating pain allowing the body to feel free and rested.
- The glass cups act as a vacuum improving blood circulation (note the glasses are placed on strategic points).
- Also referred to as trigger points, these are similar to those used in the process of acupuncture and dry needling.
- Once placed, the cups are left on the body for a period of ten to fifteen minutes.
 Kodama K et al, Analgesic Effects of Compression at Trigger Points Are Associated With Reduction of Frontal Polar Cortical Activity as Well as Functional Connectivity Between the Frontal Polar Area and Insula in Patients With Chronic Low Back Pain: A Randomized Trial, Front. Syst. Neurosci., 13 November 2019, https://doi.org/10.3389/fnsys.2019.00068
 Chen Q et al, Quantification of Myofascial Taut Bands, Arch Phys Med Rehabil, 2016 Jan;97(1):67-73, doi: 10.1016/j.apmr.2015.09.019. Epub 2015 Oct 14, PMID: 26461163, PMCID: PMC4696888, DOI: 10.1016/j.apmr.2015.09.019, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26461163
 Girasol C et al, Correlation Between Skin Temperature Over Myofascial Trigger Points in the Upper Trapezius Muscle and Range of Motion, Electromyographic Activity, and Pain in Chronic Neck Pain Patients, VOLUME 41, ISSUE 4, P350-357, MAY 01, 2018, Published:April 07, 2018, DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmpt.2017.10.009.
 Farinatti PT, Brandão C, Soares PP, Duarte AF, 2011, Acute effects of stretching exercise on the heart rate variability in subjects with low flexibility levels. painscience.com
 Moyer C, Affective Massage Therapy, Int J Ther Massage Bodywork. 2008; 1(2): 3–5, Published online 2008 Dec 15, PMCID: PMC3091449, PMID: 21589715, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3091449/