Age-related macular degeneration is a disease of the eye that is the leading cause of blindness for people aged 65 years and older.
The first sign of Macular Degeneration is blurred vision.
How you can help detect the condition early.
- Have regular check-ups with an optimist.
- Check your eyes against an Amsler Grid as per below. If you notice any irregular lines, go straight to an optometrist.
- Eat dark purple berries, orange vegetables.
- Avoid excessive exposure to UV light and blue light.
- Wear a protective lens to prevent UV damage of the eye.
- Go to your Naturopath who can help with targeted nutrients tailored just for you.
How your Naturopath can help.
Our Naturopaths have access to practitioner quality nutritional supplements and herbs which have research showing their therapeutic use for Macular Degeneration.
These include Bilberry and Acai herbs, Nutritionals, Taurine, Selenium, Zinc, Carotene foods and Astaxanthin.
About the Author:
Sharon was introduced to Naturopathy as eighteen when her mother dragged her to get treatment for a variety of health problems. What began as a desire to understand and support her own health has morphed into a passion to help others live their healthiest lives possible.
After seven years of training, Sharon is a fully qualified Naturopath. She draws upon years of wisdom and experience to carefully assess your current situation and explain your treatment choices.
Sharon says: “With the right information a customized naturopathic care plan can be created to fit your situation and lifestyle. The holistic approach fosters wellbeing and puts your health back into your hands. That’s empowering!”