Hypermobility is a condition of the joints where they are far looser than what the normal range of motion for that joint is. Most people describe this as being “double jointed” and can affect any or all joints within the body. This can lead to problems such as weak or loose joints and even easy dislocations in extreme cases.
In order to control the effects of hypermobile joint’s, it is ESSENTIAL to be undertaking some form of strength training on a daily basis.
Most people with hypermobile joints will stay away from strength training because due to their already increased range of motion, adding in weights without proper guidance can further stress the joints beyond their already increased range of motion and potentially increase the risk of sprains and strains.
It is, therefore, IMPERATIVE that those with hypermobility DO NOT lock out joints when performing weights exercises. Keeping the movement controlled and stopping just short of locking out will keep the stress 100% in the muscles and essentially tighten you up so that the muscles begin to support the joints better.
Consulting with a Myotherapist who has a working knowledge of exercise around hypermobility is the best way to begin a strength training program designed specifically for you and your body to minimize any risks and get your joints stronger in the quickest way possible.
About the Author:
Vin Chand is resident Myotherapist at Cranbourne Family Chiropractic and Wellness Ctr. His passion is for all things health and fitness, and as a result, loves working as a Myotherapist and Personal Trainer, this being apparent from a very early age due to a background in exercise and competitive sports.
Vin has a keen ‘need to know’ knowledge of the many wonderful mechanical processes of the human body led to a successful, and perfectly suited, a career in personal training where his success stories were built around attention to detail, results-based training and strong customer service. Read more…
P.S. Whenever you’re ready…
…here are 10 ways you can super-charge your health journey.
*With our ‘Discovery phone sessions’, please let us know your best contact # and best 3 times to get in touch.
- Grab a free copy of our mini-e-book titled, ‘The real reason you need to beat the smoking habit’. Click here to download.
- Grab a free copy of our mini-e-book titled, ‘How to beat anxiety naturally’. Click here to download.
- Find out more about our QUIT SMOKING program. Book a FREE phone *Discovery session with one of our QUIT SMOKING experts Click here to email.
- Find out more about our WEIGHT LOSS programs. Book a FREE phone *Discovery session with one of our weight loss experts. Click here to email.
- Find out more about our STRESS-LESS programs. Book a FREE phone *Discovery session with one of our stress-less experts. Click here to email.
- Join our online community and like our Facebook page and stay up to date with awesome health news, offers and promotions Click here.
- Visit our blog Click here
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletter Subscribe here.
- Send us an inquiry. Click here for our inquiry form.
- Reach out. If you want to make an appointment but still have questions either call us on 5998 4554 or click here to email and we’ll get back to you. Happy to chat.
Disclaimer for Cranbourne Family Chiropractic & Wellness Centre
If you require any more information or have any questions about our site’s disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimers for Cranbourne Family Chiropractic & Wellness Centre
All the information within this downloadable document and on this website – www.cranbournefamilychiro.com.au – is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. Cranbourne Family Chiropractic & Wellness Centre does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (Cranbourne Family Chiropractic & Wellness Centre), is at your own risk. Cranbourne Family Chiropractic & Wellness Centre will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.
From our website, you can visit other websites by following hyperlinks to such external sites. While we strive to provide only quality links to useful and ethical websites, we have no control over the content and nature of these sites. These links to other websites do not imply a recommendation for all the content found on these sites. Site owners and content may change without notice and may occur before we have the opportunity to remove a link which may have gone ‘bad’.
Please be also aware that when you leave our website, other sites may have different privacy policies and terms which are beyond our control. Please be sure to check the Privacy Policies of these sites as well as their “Terms of Service” before engaging in any business or uploading any information.
By downloading this document and /or using our website, you hereby consent to our disclaimer and agree to its terms.
Should we update, amend or make any changes to this document, those changes will be prominently posted here.