Got a headache lasting more than hours? Find out what you can do to help?
Dr. Andrew Arnold and Cranbourne Family Chiropractic and Wellness Centre see many patients with very bad headaches and migraine pain. The good news we can help and get great results!
Migraines are really bad headaches, the ones that just don’t let up. They typically last anywhere from 4hours to 3 days. Common symptoms include nausea, vomiting, and light and sound sensitivity. Add to this a throbbing pain that gets worse the more you do, a nightmare!
So how else can you tell if you have a migraine Vs a regular bad headache? Well, a lot of people get ‘auras’. These are weird phenomena that often act as a warning sign. Your vision may go funny, e.g. flashing lights, fort shaped zigzags, or smell and perception change.
So who gets a migraine, what types of people?
Our Chiropractors find Migraine to be very common. And yet many remain undiagnosed or worse still, untreated. It is suggested there are close to 2million migraine sufferers in Australia. This beats Diabetes, asthma, and heart disease! Plenty of famous people has suffered migraines, like Elvis Presley, Stephen King, Serena Williams, and Princess Margaret.
Migraine is debilitating, affecting your activities of daily living, like having breakfast, having fun with the kids, watching TV etc. In fact, migraine sufferers are in so much pain during an attack it pretty much takes them off the social and work radars, putting them out of action for a day or more.
So migraine can certainly negatively impact the quality of life.
Here are a few more facts from www.headacheaustralia.org.au/migraine:
‘Studies have shown the incidence of migraine to be 9-10%, about 17% of the female population and 6% of the male population. So, about 2 million Australians can be expected to suffer from migraine, about 1.5 million women and about 500,000 men. It is thought that more women suffer migraine than men due to hormonal factors.
‘Onset of migraine is from childhood onwards but most commonly in the 20s and 30s and relatively infrequently after the age of 40; therefore, prevalence increases from the first to fourth decades and thereafter declines. Migraine may nevertheless be a significant health issue among children 2.’
So what happens when you have a migraine?
Well, it can one side, moderate to severe, throbbing and aggravated by movement.
It is most often associated with nausea, vomiting, photophobia (sensitivity to light) and phonophobia (sensitivity to noise).
Learn the 9 most common Migraine triggers
1. Humid hot weather.
3. Lack of sleep.
5. Hunger; reflex hypoglycemia.
6. Women’s period
7. Bright lights, glare.
8. Medications: Nitrites.
9. Foods: Ripened cheeses, Red wine, Bananas, Alcohol, Fried/fatty foods, Herring, Chocolate, Vinegar, Fermented, pickled or marinated foods, Sour cream, yoghurts, Nuts, peanuts, butter, Hot fresh bread, raised coffee cakes and doughnuts, Pods of broad beans (lima, navy and pea pods), Tomatoes & onions, Canned figs, Citrus fruits (in particular oranges), Pizza, Pork, Tea, coffee, cola, decaffeinated drinks, Avocado (these are worse if fermented), Salami, pepperoni, hot dogs, Chicken livers, Food additives, preservatives, colourings and flavourings.
So what else can you do to help?
Chiropractic is well positioned to treat and manage Migraine. Gentle Chiropractic spinal adjustments help relieve spinal nerve pressure which can cause head and neck pain. Chiropractic offers a drug-free approach which is effective, safe and affordable.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready…
…here are 10 ways you can super-charge your health journey.
*With our ‘Discovery phone sessions’, please let us know your best contact # and best 3 times to get in touch.
- Grab a free copy of our mini-e-book titled, ‘The real reason you need to beat the smoking habit’. Click here to download.
- Grab a free copy of our mini-e-book titled, ‘How to beat anxiety naturally’. Click here to download.
- Find out more about our QUIT SMOKING program. Book a FREE phone *Discovery session with one of our QUIT SMOKING experts Click here to email.
- Find out more about our WEIGHT LOSS programs. Book a FREE phone *Discovery session with one of our weight loss experts. Click here to email.
- Find out more about our STRESS-LESS programs. Book a FREE phone *Discovery session with one of our stress-less experts. Click here to email.
- Join our online community and like our Facebook pageand stay up to date with awesome health news, offers and promotions Click here.
- Visit our blog Click here
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletter Subscribe here.
- Send us an inquiry. Click here for our inquiry form.
- Reach out. If you want to make an appointment but still have questions either call us on 5998 4554 or click here to email and we’ll get back to you. Happy to chat.
About the Author:
Dr. Andrew Arnold is a Chiropractor and ACTP accredited Business Coach.
Founder: 12 Keys – The ‘Ultimate Wellness Practice Workshop’, Cranbourne Family Chiropractic and Wellness Centre and Million Dollar Wellness.
Andrew is married to Dr. Linda Wilson, the Stress Specialist and has two children, Isaac and Bella. He lives in Melbourne, Australia.
Disclaimer for Cranbourne Family Chiropractic & Wellness Centre
If you require any more information or have any questions about our site’s disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimers for Cranbourne Family Chiropractic & Wellness Centre
All the information within this downloadable document and on this website – www.cranbournefamilychiro.com.au – is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. Cranbourne Family Chiropractic & Wellness Centre does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (Cranbourne Family Chiropractic & Wellness Centre), is at your own risk. Cranbourne Family Chiropractic & Wellness Centre will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.
From our website, you can visit other websites by following hyperlinks to such external sites. While we strive to provide only quality links to useful and ethical websites, we have no control over the content and nature of these sites. These links to other websites do not imply a recommendation for all the content found on these sites. Site owners and content may change without notice and may occur before we have the opportunity to remove a link which may have gone ‘bad’.
Please be also aware that when you leave our website, other sites may have different privacy policies and terms which are beyond our control. Please be sure to check the Privacy Policies of these sites as well as their “Terms of Service” before engaging in any business or uploading any information.
By downloading this document and /or using our website, you hereby consent to our disclaimer and agree to its terms.
Should we update, amend or make any changes to this document, those changes will be prominently posted here.