Benefits of Regular Massage
1. Massage is great for reducing stress and tension. When we’re under pressure muscles tighten. “Tension” headaches can occur. Acid builds. The body’s homeostasis (balance) diminishes. If left unchecked unwellness can become prevalent. Massage releases tight muscles! Pain is reduced. A more “relaxed’ feeling promotes well-being.
2. Massage stimulates those “feel good” endorphins. It helps the blood to circulate which nourishes and re-establishes a system to keep our skin looking healthier. Any present swelling is reduced, peripheral nerves are calmed, stiffness is removed and muscles are strengthened.
3. Massage helps to eliminate toxins. Dr. Andrew Arnold from Cranbourne Family Chiropractic adds, ‘in this modern world we are always going to be susceptible to toxic exposure…in the air we breathe, the food we drink and ingest and chemicals we come into contact with.’ These toxins accumulate in the lymphatic system and can cause disease if left unchecked.
4. Massage boosts the body’s immune system Massage rebalances! When this “homeostasis” is intact the body thrives. The immune system which so vital in maintaining wellness functions as it’s supposed to.
5. Massage improves joint mobility. The body is a muscular-skeletal system. Tight muscles, tendons and ligaments put pressure on the body’s framework (skeleton) which can cause mobility problems. Remedial massage techniques such as MET (Muscle Energy Technique) PRT (Positional Release Technique), Trigger Point therapy, MFR (Myo Facial Release) can greatly improve joint mobility which gives the body the “freedom” to function as it’s supposed to.
6. Massage improves the quality of sleep. It goes without saying that sufficient good quality sleep is a vital component of our well-being. All research into the importance of sleep clearly emphasises that a “good night’s sleep” goes a long, long way in keeping us in good health. Good quality sleep gives the body the opportunity to regenerate, to de-stress and help top up energy levels for a demanding world.l massage promotes great relaxation which promotes good quality sleep.