Neck and Arm Pain, what’s the connection?
There are 7 vertebrae in the neck. The lower vertebrae, namely 5, 6 and 7 is where most of the pressure and postural stress is found. Using mobile phones, computer work, almost any admin type workplaces an enormous postural strain on the lower neck bones and this, in turn, puts pressure on the ligaments, muscles, discs, and nerves. In fact, most occupations involve forward head posture which is now a leading cause of neck and back pain. In some instances, this may lead to radiating pain down the arms.
Dr. Andrew Arnold talks about radiating pain. Pain, tingling, numbness radiating down the arms can be caused by a variety of things, from muscle tightness to disc inflammation to nerve irritation.
Furthermore, osteoarthritic bone spurs can complicate the matter.
It is critically important you know what the pain generator is and to do this, a Chiropractor can help.
Tingling or numbness particularly in the hands and fingers most often relates to a nerve that’s either irritated or compressed. If the whole hand is involved however, it may be related to poor blood supply.
Generalized aching pain is more related to muscle tension which is then referred.
What’s important here is differentially diagnosing exactly where the problem is arising from, particularly if there may be a disc involvement.
Your arm pain may not be coming from the neck a tall but more wrist or elbow, e.g. carpal tunnel or tennis elbow.
Your Chiropractor is best positioned to help you evaluated your neck and arm pain to ensure proper management. It’s all in the diagnosis.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready…
…here are 10 ways you can super-charge your health journey.
*With our ‘Discovery phone sessions’, please let us know your best contact # and best 3 times to get in touch.
- Grab a free copy of our mini-e-book titled, ‘The real reason you need to beat the smoking habit’. Click here to download.
- Grab a free copy of our mini-e-book titled, ‘How to beat anxiety naturally’. Click here to download.
- Find out more about our QUIT SMOKING program. Book a FREE phone *Discovery session with one of our QUIT SMOKING experts Click here to email.
- Find out more about our WEIGHT LOSS programs. Book a FREE phone *Discovery session with one of our weight loss experts. Click here to email.
- Find out more about our STRESS-LESS programs. Book a FREE phone *Discovery session with one of our stress-less experts. Click here to email.
- Join our online community and like our Facebook page and stay up to date with awesome health news, offers and promotions Click here.
- Visit our blog Click here
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletter Subscribe here.
- Send us an inquiry. Click here for our inquiry form.
- Reach out. If you want to make an appointment but still have questions either call us on 5998 4554 or click here to email and we’ll get back to you. Happy to chat.
About the Author:
Dr. Joe Youn-Jae Cho is a resident Chiropractor at Cranbourne Family Chiropractic and Wellness Centre. For appointments call 03 598 4554 03 598 4554.
Disclaimer for Cranbourne Family Chiropractic & Wellness Centre
If you require any more information or have any questions about our site’s disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com
Disclaimers for Cranbourne Family Chiropractic & Wellness Centre
All the information within this downloadable document and on this website – www.cranbournefamilychiro.com.au – is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. Cranbourne Family Chiropractic & Wellness Centre does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (Cranbourne Family Chiropractic & Wellness Centre), is at your own risk. Cranbourne Family Chiropractic & Wellness Centre will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.
From our website, you can visit other websites by following hyperlinks to such external sites. While we strive to provide only quality links to useful and ethical websites, we have no control over the content and nature of these sites. These links to other websites do not imply a recommendation for all the content found on these sites. Site owners and content may change without notice and may occur before we have the opportunity to remove a link which may have gone ‘bad’.
Please be also aware that when you leave our website, other sites may have different privacy policies and terms which are beyond our control. Please be sure to check the Privacy Policies of these sites as well as their “Terms of Service” before engaging in any business or uploading any information.
By downloading this document and /or using our website, you hereby consent to our disclaimer and agree to its terms.
Should we update, amend or make any changes to this document, those changes will be prominently posted here.