- What happens if I need to change an appointment?
No problem. We generally require 24 hours notice to change an appointment where possible. This ensures we are fair to other patients and clients who may require your allotted time. If you forget to let us know and miss your time or provide inadequate notice, we reserve the right to charge the full fee for that time, unless under extreme circumstances. This is noted at our reception, on your receipts and here, on our website. We respectfully request payment of this account prior to your next appointment.
- Our services at Cranbourne Family Chiropractic and Wellness Centre covered by private health insurance?
In almost all cases our services are covered under private health.
- Does Cranbourne Family Chiropractic and Wellness Centre accept 3rd party claims, e.g. Workcover, TAC, and DVA?
Yes and no. Firstly, Our Chiropractors are providers under Workcover, DVA, and TAC. We only accept accounts, however, with DVA. This means we are happy to manage your Workcover and TAC paperwork, i.e. reporting, Return to Work documentation, Certificates of capacity, etc., but you will need to settle your accounts with us. We can assist by sending your invoices directly to your case manager to hasten the process. Please note in some cases the reimbursement is less than our charge so there may be a gap. Myotherapy and Massage are covered by Workcover only and require a GP referral / recommendation which Workcover will then consider. Please be aware Workcover still need to accept the claim before you seek reimbursement. All other therapies at this practice are not covered at this time.
- Why do you need my Credit Card details as a New Patient?
In order that we provide a fair opportunity to all our new and regular patients, it is important we know you are committed to attending. We allow a significant amount of time for a new patient visit and a missed appointment may mean our regular patients miss out. We respectfully ask for your credit card to simply secure your appointment. We do not charge it unless you fail to attend or provide less than 24hrs notice. An exception may apply under extreme circumstances. Please note, your credit card details are removed as soon as you arrive for your appointment.
- What is an EPC or CDM plan and how does it work?
An EPC is also known as an Enhanced Primary Care plan is now referred to as a Chronic Disease Management Plan. This is a Medicare initiative where you may be entitled to up to 5 visits involving a minimum of 2 Allied Health professionals, per year under the Medicare Benefits Scheme. You will need to schedule either a long consultation or EPC consult with your GP to check your eligibility and have one issued. An EPC only covers Chiropractic treatment at this practice.
- Are there special rates or discounts available?
We offer special rates for students and seniors.
- Do I require a referral to see any of the practitioners?
No. You can see any practitioner in our practice without a referral except for Massage under Workcover which requires a GP referral.
- Do you offer Tele-health?
- Can I book online?
We offer an online booking service for the following services:
- Telehealth services (Hypnotherapy, Stress management, EFT (Tapping) and Naturopathy).
- Does the Chiropractor have to manually manipulate my neck and back?
Not If you would prefer. We offer ‘Instrument – assisted’ techniques in place of ‘hand-based’ techniques.
- How long will I need to see the Chiropractor?
This is an important question! The bottom line is as long as is clinically indicated. Periodic visits may be appropriate if your symptoms are returning. We certainly recommend you attend to symptoms and pain before they become unmanageable and possibly more complicated.
- Is Chiropractic appropriate during pregnancy and the elderly?
Your Chiropractor will discern the most appropriate treatment with respect to your age and condition, your current state of health and history. All recommendations are discussed fully with you and only applied with your consent.
- What is Tapping or EFT and how does it work?
An EFT therapist offers EFT treatment (Emotional Freedom Techniques) and SET (Simple Energy Techniques). EFT and SET treatment involve a physical tapping process using Acupuncture meridian points. A helpful way to think of Tapping is like ‘acupuncture without needles’. The process begins with a thorough understanding of your concern, your current health and health history. You are then presented with all methodologies, treatment mechanisms and what you can expect in terms of outcomes. At all times we ensure you are able to make an informed decision about any recommendations.
- I’m not a great sleeper, can you help?
If pain is keeping you awake at night and it’s assessed to be musculoskeletal in origin, our Chiropractors and Myotherapists may be able to assist. We may be able to assist advice including sleep posture or refer you to another health professional, for example for sleep apnea, or other medical-related problem.
If you feel your mattress and/or pillow may be contributing to your poor sleep, we refer to Regal Sleep Solutions, Cranbourne.
- What kinds of services are offered at Cranbourne Family Chiropractic and Wellness Centre?
We are a ONE STOP SHOP! We offer Chiropractic; Myotherapy and Massage; Naturopathy and Nutritional Supplements; Hypnotherapy; Sleep Advice; Exercise Advice and Rehabilitation; EFT, Tapping and Stress Management; Custom Foot Orthotics; Prescription Mattresses and Pillows; Posture related tools, Exercise and Rehabilitation Equipment, online bookings and Tele-health consultations.
- What is a Myotherapist?
Myotherapy (muscular therapy) uses a combination of techniques to firstly treat pain, and secondly assist you to rehabilitate and strengthen your body.
Myotherapy may assist with injuries or conditions connected with repetitive strain and chronic dysfunction or pain. These include, but not limited to…
- Chronic back, shoulder, neck or knee pain
- Overuse or repetitive strain (from computer or other repetitive use activities), e.g. Tennis elbow; Frozen shoulder; Sprained ankle; Shin splints; Numbness and tingling.
You may be experiencing various symptoms from stiffness or inflexibility through to acute pain. Please contact with any issue or query.
- What is the difference between foot orthotics at the Cranbourne Family Chiropractic and Wellness Centre, and those prescribed by a podiatrist?
We recommend and prescribe Foot Levelers who supply custom foot orthotics for the Chiropractic profession. We use a digital foot scanner where up to 16 measurements are taken. When we stand, our weight is distributed along the three arches in the foot (Heel 50-60% and at the ball of the foot 40-50%.)
Collapse or dysfunction of the arches may lead to postural imbalance which may, over time, lead to osteoarthritic degeneration and pain, both in the foot and elsewhere. This may then lead to knee, hip, spinal and pelvic symptoms.
For this reason, and in addition to a thorough clinical examination, we may also recommend assessing your spine, using x-ray analysis, and your weight distribution using OUR FOOT SCANNER.
We may also refer you to a podiatrist for specific conditions outside the scope of Chiropractic.
- What products are sold at Cranbourne Family Chiropractic and Wellness Centre?
We sell various products that fall under the following categories:
- Prescriptive Custom Foot Orthotics (Foot Levelers)
- Nutritional supplements (Practitioner Prescribed only)
- Rehabilitation and Exercise Equipment.
- Posture Medic
- Generic foot orthotics
- TENS machines.
- Mechanical vibrating massagers.